ALOLA AUSTRALIA SUPPORTING WOMEN AND FAMILIES TO BUILD A STRONG FUTURE
Alola Australia partners with Fundasaun Alola was established in 2008 and works in partnership with Fundasaun Alola, a Timorese NGO founded by Kirsty Sword Gusmão in 2001 to make positive and sustainable changes in the lives of women and children in Timor-Leste. Alola Australia is managed by volunteers in Australia.
As each year passes Alola Australia becomes stronger and more focused on supporting development programs to enable women and families in Timor-Leste to build a strong future. Partnership with Fundasaun Alola is crucial to this work.
Alola Australia is a small but effective organisation run by a Board of Directors and with a large support – base of members and supporters across Australia. Our collaboration with Fundasaun Alola involves responding to the issues they identify as being important. Alola Australia aim to be responsive and supportive in our commitment to building the capacity of Fundasaun Alola, collaborating and sharing knowledge, experience and resources to address priorities.
Alola Australia vision is; “Strong women, strong Nation” and our main objective is to support development programs for women and children in Timor-Leste through our major in-country partner organisation Fundasaun Alola.
Alola Australia supports four key programs for the benefit of women and children in Timor-Leste:
- Advocacy: Promoting the rights of women & children through the National Women’s Resource Centre and District Support Worker projects.
- Education and Literacy: Expanding education opportunities through scholarships, teacher training and Mother Tongue and Tetum literacy materials.
- Maternal and Child Health: Promoting infant and young child feeding (breastfeeding and complementary feeding); Supporting newborn care programs; Safe Motherhood Initiative – Implementing Birth Preparedness Plan; Community Management of Acute Malnutrition.
- Economic Development: Supporting women’s small business ideas in particular the production and sale of traditional handicrafts.
Alola Australia supports these programs by promoting awareness of development issues and raising funds through the Alola Timor-Leste Development fund.
Alola Australia maintain dialogue and close links with Fundasaun Alola via:
- Visits to Australia by Fundasaun Alola staff who are here for study, conferences and speaking engagements:
- Visits to Timor – Leste by Board Directors and other Alola supporters;
- Sharing of key documents and reports; and
- At least one meeting per year of the Alola Board with the CEO and/or Chair of Fundasaun Alola.
The key priorities for Alola Australia include:
- Enhancing the depth of our relationship and partnership, and our support for Fundasaun Alola
- Strengthening of support for Alola as a national organisation
- On-going engagement and communication with and our supporter base, and
- Achieving our fundraising goals in order to support Fundasaun Alola.
Alola Australia Strategic Plan 2018-2020 available to download here
More about Alola Australia :
Read also others Alola Australia’s Publication
- Alola Australia 2018 Spring Newsletter, read now!
- Alola Australia 2018 Winter Newsletter, read now!
- Alola Australia Annual Report 2017, read now!
- The 2018 Alola tour to Timor-Leste, read now!
- MILK: Maternal & Child Health Speech, Canberra 2018, read now!
Contact Alola Australia
|+(61) (0)437 983 070|
|PO Box 382, AbbotsfordVIC Australia 3067|
If you would like to find out more about upcoming fundraising events in Australia or how you can get involved,
click here www.alola.org.au